TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis



Summary:

      This is book 1 in a series called Home to Hickory Hollow, about life in Amish country.  In this book we are introduced toAmelia. She is an English girl who is searching for the life she wants. She has spent most of her life playing the fiddle in concerts around the world. She really wants, and needs, some rest. She feels she is missing out on something and wants peace.
      In a rainstorm on her way home from a fiddle concert, outside her normal realm of music, she meets Michael. Michael is in the midst of his own search. He struggles with the decision of whether or not to join the Amish church. His family expects him to, but he feels a pull to the outside world even with his love of his family and the life at home.
      As they talk, they find themselves able to talk in a way neither has been able to before. When Amelia returns with him to Hickory Hollow, we follow her as she learns to find peace and return to a heart relationship with God. Through many struggles, and many heartfelt talks, we see how these friends begin to rely on each other to help find the life God wants for them both.

Review:

      I have always been interested in Amish stories. I think because of how simple they make life. I know I could not live the way they do, and some of their beliefs are not matched up with mine, but regardless, I find myself drawn to these books. I have read most of Beverly Lewis's books, and knew before I read this book I would like it. I was not disappointed. It was great! Her style of writing allows readers to become a part of the story and feel apart of the families in the book.
      This book weaved a wonderful story of friendship, love and ultimately a relationship with God. I found myself captivated and didn't want to put the book down. It made me wonder how I could apply what was in the story to my own life.
      The story flows in a way which keeps the reader interested and always looking forward. I highly recommend checking this book out. It will leave you wanting to know more. Yes, I am already reading book 2!

You can find the book at amazon.com
Disclosure: I did not receive compensation for this review. My reviews are always honest and are my own opinion.

12 comments:

  1. I love Beverly Lewis!

    http://www.thesavingswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book. Loved it! And all of her books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a few Beverly Lewis books, and I really enjoyed them! I'm reading an Amish book right now called "Paradise Valley," but it's by a different author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that also I think:)

      Delete
    2. Oh, cool! I'm almost done with it. It's the first in a series, so I got it free. Hahah, they suck you in by giving the first one away, but then you want to buy all the rest so you can find out what happens!

      Delete
    3. so true! I do get hooked on series!

      Delete
  4. It's funny, I was always like "ew I don't like those kind of books" but after I had nothing else to read one day I picked up Beverly Lewis and just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Beverly Lewis books but haven't tried them out yet. I just recently started liking some types of fiction and I think this is one I may enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by her, but this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Beverly Lewis books, but I haven't read this one yet--I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great series, I love books that really hook you, I just find enough time to read :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bevery Lewis' books! I haven't read this one yet, and now I want to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.