TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day



I hope and pray everyone had a great Mother's Day today! We are far away from family, so our Mother's Day was pretty low key. My husband was going to be at work all day, so he and my son made a rump roast dinner for me the other night.

Today, my son and I went to church in the morning, and then came home and had lunch. Although he had great plans of reading and playing video games, I managed to convince him to play a game with me in between:)


We played a game called Settlers of Canaan. In this game you are building settlements and cities and have to make roads in between. There is a lot of strategy in the game which always makes him crazy because I have no strategy. lol!

We have always enjoyed playing board games. It's a great way to spend time together!  As he grows older ( he turns 16 next month), I really cherish the times I get to spend with him when we can just relax and laugh...or for him, to roll his eyes and shake his head when I once again make a move that is not as strategic as it should be or have another question!

I hope you had a great day and enjoyed your time with family!


6 comments:

  1. Aww -happy Mother's Day! I am glad you were able to score some quality time with your son! Games are a great way to hang out together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Mother's Day! I actually have heard of that game and looked at it a few times to purchase but just didn't pull the trigger. It looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a lovely mother's day as well! :) It sounds like it was a great one

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a pretty fun game! I'm a strategist so I would loooove it. Thanks for sharing your blog on my FB page too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you had a great mothers day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.