TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wizard of Oz "We're Not in Kansas Anymore"




Who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz?! The movie has been around forever and most everyone has memories of seeing it in the theater, or at home on TV or DVD. Now we get a chance to see an amazing play based on the movie!

The Wizard of Oz "We're Not in Kansas Anymore" is a wonderful production. It is being shown at the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden, FL.  I had the pleasure of being at the show this past Saturday.  This was my first time being at this Theatre. The Theatre itself is well set up. It has a comfortable, home town feel to it. Because they also hold movies and other productions, there is a concession area set up and you can bring your popcorn or other treats in with you. I saw how excited the kids were for this! Something about a show and a treat makes for wonderful memories.

The story begins with Dorothy wondering what life would be like "Over the Rainbow".  When the twister comes and she is sent over the rainbow, this is where the real magic begins. The basic story is the same, with some modern twists to it which make it a thrill to watch.  There are some great comedic moments that you don't want to miss!

I was amazed with how talented the actors were. Many of the principal characters were younger age but appeared professional. The all had highly talented voices along with acting skills at par with those of older ages. I for one look forward to future shows with them! The kids as the munchkins were so cute and fun to watch!


The sets of the show fit perfectly into the storyline, very colorful and inviting. The costumes also were really good. I loved the great imaginations in the costuming adding a unique design.
The lighting and sound were very professional and helped pull it all together.


This show runs until May 26th. Ticket prices and show times can be found on the website listed above.
If you are in the area and can find the time to see this show...DO IT! You will not be disappointed!
I'd go see it again if I could:)


Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this post. This is my honest opinion and my views may differ from others.


10 comments:

  1. I love seeing a Live Play! And the Wizard of Oz is a great story! I really wish I lived down in FL so we could see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live plays are awesome and a must see! I remember back in elementary school that our school one year did Wizard of Oz. Our grade (which I don't remember) were the little people.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wizard of oz! Wish we had this play here in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wizard off oz! Wish we had this play in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great show! I haven't been to any kind of show (play, concert, opera, ballet, etc.) in a couple of years. :( I should remedy that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I bet this is so much fun! Who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz and to see it live must be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure it is a fantastic experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great way to see a favorite classic! Great time out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my favorite classic tale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The costumes for this show look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.