TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble




Amy has decided to return to Hope Beach to investigate the death of her brother Ben. Although reports have his death listed as a surfing accident, Amy is sure there is more to it. She is determined to find out the truth.  When she meets Curtis, she finds that he also has lost a loved one. He lost his sister in an accident and is now raising his niece for her.
Curtis agrees to help Amy in her investigation which leads them into dangerous territory. What they find is not at all what they could have imagined. Finding themselves on opposite sides of the situation causes them to really look into their new found relationship. Can they manage to work together, and  trust each other enough to survive the truth that they find?


MY THOUGHTS:

My first thought is WOW! This book was better than I could have imagined. Rosemary Cottage is book 2 in the Hope Beach series. I already had read book 1 so I had a little knowledge of the area and some characters I hoped would be woven into the story somehow.
This book is full of wonderfully created characters. There is great depth into the characters pasts and lives creating people we can view as relatable and come to love.
The mystery surrounding the deaths of Amy and Curtis's loved ones is of course the center of the story. All I can say is you won't be disappointed. I was surprised by the twists and turns within the search for the truth. I was drawn in to the story and didn't want to stop reading!
There were some great characters who were not the main focus but whom I would love to see if future books. These are ones I found myself wondering what their futures would be and how the truths found would affect all the characters later on.
Although I recommend reading the books in order, it's not necessary to understand what is going on. You will however get a better sense overall of Hope Beach by seeing it from the beginning.


You can find the book for yourself at amazon.com

Disclosure: I received a print copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com in exchange for a review of the book. I was not required to give a positive review. My reviews are always honest and my opinions my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.