TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Monday, November 26, 2012

Affairs of the mind: Chibi

ref=sr_1_1.jpg
Affairs of the Mind: Chibi

"An Apple for a Rose"

By Jwan Jordan


  • Comic
  • my rating is 4 out of 5 stars
  
         This is a fun book read in a comic layout. You have the artwork and a few words per page about the story. The book is about someone trying to get an apple out of a tree. The girl really feels the tree wants her to have the apple but she is  having difficulty getting it down by herself. She needs help from her friends. She brings in the friends she feels have resources to help her get the apple to fall from the tree. We watch the different ideas the friends bring with them, and see how it works. Finally we see her get the apple she's worked so hard to receive!
           This is a cute book. It's a quick read with a clear and easy story.  The artwork is great also.  Although I wish there was a little more to it, it puts across a theme that is well supported and encouraging. 
           I enjoyed reading this comic style book and encourage everyone to give it a read.


I am honored to have had the chance to interview the author and ask some questions. 
Hope you enjoy!

1. What inspired you to write your first book?
     Well, my father Kenneth Jordan was a stuntman in L.A. and he also worked at Walt Disney Studios. While at Walt Disney Studios, I had many fortunate opportunities to watch some of Disney's classic cartoons created. I believe that's when I fell in love with comics, cartoons and all things related.

2. What book are you currently reading?
    I am currently reading LIFE by Chris Brady & Orrin Woodard and the Sherlock Holmes collection.

3. Do you have any advice for someone who is wanting to become an author?
    I suggest taking a writing class. If you can not take a college course, then look into your local community for classes. You will be surprised how many writers gather together in your area.
Take the advice from experienced writers, and never be afraid to ask questions.

4. What was your inspiration for writing this specific book?
    I've struggled with depression all my life and my grandmother used to always tell me "All the affairs of life come from your state of mind" Eventually I began to educate myself on ways to fight depression.Through exercise, meditation. education and vitamins I began to keep my depression at bay.
When I began to write comics it seemed like a perfect mix to add comics with my grandmother's philosophy.

5.  What is the daily life of an author like?
     It can be pretty interesting at times. I've met so many unique and talented  people. I often spend most of my time writing by the window. I'm always brainstorming on new ideas and preparing the next issue. When I'm not working on books, I am setting up motivational seminars and art classes for those interested.

6. How do you come up with ideas for your books?
    I've always had a big imagination and it doesn't take much to get it going. Watching an ant carry food back to its home can give me a mass of ideas. Needless to say, like most writers, I'm easily distracted.

7. What is your favorite thing about writing books?
     I enjoy having an abstract idea from my mind become a concrete object I can show others. It never ceases to amaze me how much people enjoy reading my books and how often I get to be a part of other people's lives  in a positive way through my books. It really helps me to feel like I have a purpose in this world and hopefully I can help others who suffer from depression also. 


For those interested in requesting me for a motivational seminar or to speak to at their school or community event can contact me at jwanjordan@yahoo.com or through my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/JwanJordanComics


Disclosure: I received an ebook of this comic for the purpose of doing this review and interview. I did not receive any other compensation. My opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.